The Chi Phi Fraternity
Policy on the Internet & Electronic Mail Services
Any person or group who creates or maintains a Chi Phi Fraternity web site on behalf of a Chapter, Alumni Association, Alumni Club, Colony/Interest Group or an Individual, or any Person or Group using name of the Chi Phi Fraternity internet facilities (such as e-mail accounts or mailing lists, billboards, chat rooms, discussion groups, etc.) hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All use of such Internet services shall comply with any and all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws; College and University Rules and Regulations, Inter-fraternity Council Rules and Regulations and the Chi Phi Constitution and Bylaws and policies.
- No such services shall be used in a way that defames abuses, harasses or threatens other individuals; makes bigoted, hateful or racially or sexually offensive statements; distributes or makes available any vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent language or images.
- All such services shall be used in a manner to promote a positive image of college students, alumni, the college/university and the Fraternity.
- No such services shall be used for the promulgation of commercial, partisan political or religious messages, including bulk email of any kind not directly related to official Chi Phi Fraternity business.
- No such services shall be used for product endorsements or other advertising unless approved by The Chi Phi Fraternity. Requests must be submitted to the National Headquarters.
- No such services shall include references to alcohol, illegal drugs or hazing, with the exception of educational material about these issues and purposeful, positive discussion of Chapter and Fraternity policies regarding the same.
- No use of such services shall advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- No such services shall publish photographs or images of where by members are engaged in the consumption of alcoholic beverages, or any inappropriate activities.
- No such services shall include pornographic images of or links to pornography web sites.
- Such services shall include a contact e-mail address for web site visitors to submit comments, questions and suggestions. Any response made to such comments should be respectful and responsible.
All such services shall protect the privacy and safety of the Fraternity and its members by avoiding the publishing of personal information of its members, including but not limited to the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, photograph, etc., without permission from its members. Photos of third parties participating in a Chapter, Colony, Club or Alumni activities shall not be posted without their written consent.
Such services shall not contain confidential Fraternity, Alumni Association or Chapter matters, except in a password-protected area that is designated for members only.
Such services shall not include any copyrighted material from other sources or trademarks owned by third parties without the express written consent of the copyright or trademark owner.
Each Chapter, Alumni Association, Alumni Club, Colony or Interest Group Shall register the web site with the National Office of the Chi Phi Fraternity.
The Chi Phi Fraternity reserves the right to (although it shall be under no obligation to) remove links or access to sites that do not comply with these policies as well as to deny the use of Chi Phi server or mail space to any sites or individuals, or otherwise to impose discipline upon members that do not comply with these policies. No expectation of privacy should be assumed in conjunction with such use. These terms are subject to modification without notice.
The name, "Chi Phi," the Greek letters "Χ Φ," all stylized versions of the foregoing, the Badge, Crest and Chakett of the Chi Phi Fraternity are copyrighted and trademarked symbols and insignia which are owned by the Chi Phi Fraternity, Inc., and are subject to the control of the Grand Council of the Chi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Permission to use of the symbols and insignia of the Chi Phi Fraternity in any web site must be obtained from the National Director of the Chi Phi Fraternity. All requests for permission to use the symbols and insignia of the Chi Phi Fraternity shall be submitted to the National Director of the Chi Phi Fraternity in writing before they are published on the Internet or E-mail service.
Passed by Grand Council on August 31, 2004